Back to top
FPGA & ASIC Design
Delivering world-class design, verification, and packaging expertise
Our FPGA and ASIC designers ensure your design is “first time right” for every release.
Our flexible engagement models range from full turnkey services that deliver production-ready designs to staffing solutions that complement your existing team.
Read the FPGA Service BriefDownload now
Take advantage of an AMD Premier Partner
As the inaugural AMD Premier North American Design Services partner, Fidus receives exclusive training, certification and early-access to tools, IP, and new silicon. This means you get top preference within the AMD support network to de-risk your projects.
As the inaugural Premier AMD Adaptive Computing Partner, our versatile (VHDL or Verilog) FPGA team achieve fabric speeds in the 100s of megahertz, timing closure at high utilization, and maximum power efficiencies.
Using the latest AMD and Intel design tools, our work includes high-end Versal™ and Agilex™ projects to cost-effective Artix™ and Cyclone™ designs. From high-speed I/O like DDR5, PCIe Gen4/5, NVMe, Interlaken, 32G+ SERDES, and DSP to optimizing a system by utilizing both Arm processors and fabric like AMD Zynq UltraScale+™/ Zynq RFSoC™ along with Agilex™ SoC’s, Fidus is the leading choice for FPGA design services.
Read the FPGA Service BriefDownload
- Premier AMD® Adaptive Computing Partner member
(inaugural North American member)
- Turnkey FPGA designs including documentation and verification
- Expert device selection
- Verilog®, VHDL, SystemVerilog
- ASIC-to-FPGA conversion: Replacing low-volume or discontinued ASICs
- ASIC emulation and prototyping (think 2000T)
- Transceivers: MGT, GTH, GTX, GTZ
- High-speed, high-complexity: Interfaces, protocols
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP): Software Defined Radio (SDR), filters, echo-cancellation
- Video: DVI/HDMI, MIPI, ISP, image enhancement, scaling, overlay, soft-core, format conversion
- PCIe Gen 1/2/3/4, GbE, Fiber Channel, SATA, XAUI, RapidIO, InfiniBand, SerialLite, HD-SDI, Aurora
- High-speed memory interface designs, including DDR2, DDR3, DDR4, QDR II, RLDRAM, Hybrid Memory Cube and High Bandwidth Memory (HBM)
- Functional Simulation
- Fabrication Dependent Verification
- Assertion Driven
- Coverage Driven
- Regression Automation
- Xilinx Vivado™
- Vivado™ HLS
- Altera (Quartus® II, Max+Plus® II)
- Mentor Graphics® Questa ®
- Synplify Pro®
- Synopsys Design Compiler®
Our ASIC designers, and our packaging, and verification/emulation teams, specify and validate both full and partial designs.
Once ready, the Fidus hardware design team takes care of the PCB and assembly, ensuring your new ASIC is ready to bring-up and debug on-time and on-budget.
- Chip Architecture
- Product/Design/Functional Specification Development
- Feasibility Analysis
- Design, Modeling, Timing Closure
- Validation, Characterization, Emulation
- Physical Design
- Program Leadership/Management
- Packaging, Chip Finishing, Tape Out
- Lab Bring-Up/Debug